Sometimes it’s the simplest things that take me the longest time to get done.
These are actually old drapes that I made for the living room a while back – maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I liked the fabric, but the drapery look was too formal for our simple home, so I made a simple cafe curtain just to cover the bottom half of the window. Compared to the draperies, we all liked the simplicity of white and by only covering the bottom part of the window we had light coming in, but still privacy. But even those got… well, tired. And the children kept pulling the curtains down as they were only held in place with inexpensive tension rods. So I was adjusting them or rehanging them daily. They also never stayed open if I wanted them to, so they blocked a lot of our view out of the windows.
I was searching for fabric to make into new curtains, but I couldn’t find just the right print – something soft and subtle and faded looking. And then I remembered that I still had my old drapes stored in the basement. Once I decided to use the old fabric and remake them into a rod pocket curtain, it was a pretty simple project and it only took an afternoon to finish. I do need to re-hem one of the curtains, and hopefully I’ll get to it sooner rather than later, but even hanging an inch too long, I’m enjoying the softer look of the windows.
Now to find time to reupholster those chairs.